Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I haven't written for a long time. I guess the things I had going on were things I really didn't want to write about. So I sat silent.

Well, no more of that! I have been painting, and the past week I started up a studio where I can paint to my heart's content. I have decided to call it "Through My Own Eyes." I am taking commissions for pastel portraits (people and animals) and acrylic landscapes. I am really excited about it! If you want to take a look, I have a blog I started for my artwork at http://PortraitsByTracyRies.blogspot.com Feel free to visit! I also have a facebook page (Through My Own Eyes - Portraits by Tracy Ries) where I will be posting progress and news bits as I work.

As for me, I am VERY grateful 2013 is done. That was a tough one. We had some precious blessings, like the births of two of our grandchildren. They are precious to us, and we are so grateful to have them in our lives! We also have had the privilege of teaching the greatest preTeens on the planet, and they bring us both great joy and great challenge. Otherwise, we saw far too many intense medical crises and while we are so grateful to God for carrying us through, we are ready to get back to living.

So I stand, I look up to my Father in Heaven, and ask Him to take the lead through this year. Let me hear Your voice, Lord, and give me the strength and grace to follow wherever You lead. I want more of You!!!
Amen.

No comments: