Pages

Friday, February 9, 2007

Busy Day Today

I'm downstairs in my special place trying to sort out how this day should run. I know a few facts, like the allergy appointment at 11 and the kids BookIt lunch shortly afterward. I know I need to go get some PJ's for Zack, and some groceries and batteries and pay some bills and sort out the medical bills better so we can attack them better when the tax refund comes... But what I really want to do is stay down here in this little room, my craft room, and play.

The first craft show I intend to work this year is in May. I have some jewelry ready, but I need to do alot more. I have not mastered time management yet (praying for wisdom and understanding, though, so I WILL get it!) I haven't figured out how to school the children and keep the house really clean. Anything beyond those two has eluded me completely.

I want a solid quiet time with God every day. I NEED it.
I want some craft/business time several times a week.
I want to have a spotless house, but I have been ever so willing to sacrifice the spotless part for the sake of the kids' schooling. It needs to be cleaner, though...
I want time to play music every day.
I want to finish my basement so I have a nice, consistent classroom and access to the craftroom, and so my husband can have a space of his own to sprawl over without taking up my craftroom!

These are strong desires and needs. I will find a way to have better quiet times with the Lord, that is a must, but the rest are desires that I will just have to figure out and not obsess over. My first priority is my First Love, Jesus Christ, followed closely by my second, my husband. After that, it's the kids, training them, growing them, encouraging and allowing them to blossom. The rest may come - I hope and pray that it does come soon, of course - but it pales in comparison. I do know, though, that I am beloved, bought and paid-for, and that my desires matter to my Father in heaven. That gives me hope!

2 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

What a joy to read your blog entry and see that your desires to be closer to the Lord, the one that saved us is number one in your life! I pray that you are blessed with all the desires of your heart, dear Sister in Christ!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tracey!!

I am praying for you, sister. Great big (((HUGS)))

Heather B