Pages

Friday, February 2, 2007

Date Night

This afternoon I was downstairs working our our taxes. Stephen came into the room and said, "Mom, I love you! Can we have a date night tonight?"

I love date night with my boys! It is generally an excuse to treat one of them really nice, and allow them to treat me nicely, too. They get to practice their manners and etiquette, and we get to eat really good food. Among seven children, individual time is at a premium! This is the way we've been able to make it happen over the past few years. It is not a frequent experience, but always a pleasant one.

Tonight, though, we honestly don't have the money for a date night. Still, I couldn't turn him down. I mean, I treasure every single time one of my children wants to spend time with ME! So I asked if we could have a date watching a movie together and enjoying some snacks. He was thrilled with that idea, so we are going to go watch RV (again) and enjoy some fruit and cheese and crackers. This is going to be wonderful!!!

No comments: