Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What a month!

It has been some kind of month. I had been missing my daughter so much, so I took her younger siblings on a road trip to go see her. (This was at her request, too, so it's not like we imposed or anything!) Don't you know, the day I was supposed to leave, I woke up to over a foot of snow on the ground! I was so bummed, I stayed in bed most of the day. Making a long and depressing story short, I decided to leave that night and drive all the way through til sunrise. Most of the time that would have been foolish for me to attempt, but it worked out beautifully since I had moped for so much of the day, and expended very little energy doing so! I was fully awake for the whole night.

Honestly, the visit didn't go that well. I loved seeing my daughter and enjoyed my time with her, but the little ones were awful for pretty much most of the time. My daughter also had to be on the phone or the computer with work-related issues much of the time, too, and I think I only saw her husband for about 1-5 minutes each day. That was a shame all around.

Even the most pitiful travel still must have some sunshine somewhere along the way... besides seeing it in my beautiful girl's smile, I saw it in a quick visit across the state line to visit a friend. We had actually never met before, other than through a cancer-related internet discussion board and many emails. She is a Christian who is battling the same kind of tumor my little Stephen had. We have been emailing for a couple of years, and I finally got to meet her! She is precious. She also introduced me to a woman who heads up a foundation which raises money for research on spinal cord tumors, and that was a fantastic meeting, divinely orchestrated. I am looking forward very much to working with Malia's Cord Foundation. Check them out at http:www.cordfoundation.org

I am really glad I got to go out and see Becki, Carol and Cara. Three very precious women who definitely brighten up my life! Please keep Carol in your prayers, as she started a new chemo recently and should be having another MRI anytime now to assess the effectiveness of it. I trust God completely for her healing and pray that she sees evidence of it on this next scan!!! Pray for Becki as she is at a crossroads with her business and definitely wants to do as God wants her to do. And pray for Cara and Malia's Cord Foundation, that their efforts will ultimately greatly contribute to finding a cure for spinal cord tumors.

No comments: