Pages

Monday, January 29, 2007

Major Victory! Redux

Hmmmmm... Somehow my entry posted twice. What's up with that? LOL...

My husband and kids have been fantastic to me, allowing me to rest up after this weekend's episode. I'm still sore and tired, my chest is somewhat uncomfortable, and unfortunately I threw my back out today (UGH) loading the washing machine. The nurse at my doctor's office told me I couldn't take anything for it because I am on prednisone for the anaphylaxis. She also advised me not to take benadryl for the hives since I had that bigemini episode in the ER... She was supposed to consult the doctor and called me back, but alas, no call. So I am taking it easy, watching movies, trying not to be grumpy. Trying REALLY HARD. Doing okay at it, too. I am so glad that we have been told in the Bible that we have the ability and directive to take every thought captive! Thank God! That means that not only is it desirable, it is totally possible. I have the ability to measure every thought against the Word and Will of God and see whether it is worth pursuit. If not, pitch it! I pray for the wisdom to do this on a regular basis...

Something I am really working on/dealing with: I KNOW that I have authority over my body, thanks to the blood and suffering of my precious Jesus. At times I remember this and take authority over the symptoms or pain, and they go away. At other times I fail to even consider the precious price paid for my healing, and I suffer. WHY????

No comments: