Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Great Way to Dye, Part II

Wow! There is SO much more color than I anticipated! I can see things I will need to work on, such as keeping extra dye from pooling in the bottom of the roll. The final colors are really more like the colors on the bottles of dye rather than what it looked like as it was applied, too. I will have to remember that next time, because I wasn't sure when I was putting it on.

Check it out! The first picture is the roving (coopworth wool) right after I unwrapped it and put it in its first bath. The colors are so vibrant! It makes me think of hippy tie dye shirts!

The next picture is the second bath, and you can see it didn't spill much dye at all! I expected to see alot of color in the water, but it looks like it took very well. To be honest, I looks like alien snakes in my bathtub!

The final photo shows what the roving looks like as it is hanging to dry. Honestly, it reminds me of the tie-dye shirt still, so I am going to call it Hippy Daze! :)
Now I can't wait to spin it up!



2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Very pretty! I'm sure it will spin up nicely!

bethanyg said...

Looks great! It will be much fun to spin and then knit and see all the changes!