Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Silver Lining

I am so excited! Today I torch-fired my first PMC (silver clay) piece. This clay is wonderful: it is tiny, as in microscopic, pieces of silver in an organic clay. When you fire it, the clay burns off, leaving fine silver. This piece is a pendant with a cross cut out of it and a notched frame, so to speak. Since it is my first piece, I figured I'd ruin it with the torch, so I didn't do my best work in shaping it, but it still turned out beautifully! *Doin the happy dance!* Oh, the possibilities this brings to mind!

I have been working on my website. I uploaded photographs of many of the pieces of jewelry that I currently have in stock; now I am working on writing up all of the descriptions and prices. I really do wish I had access to storefront software, but this will do for now!

I heard back from my doctor today. I had blood tests done last week, checking cholesterol etc. since I'm on blood pressure meds. They called to say that I needed to come in tomorrow morning to discuss the results with her. She had warned me in advance that if the results were unfavorable, she would call me in to discuss options. So, I have an appointment for 9AM. I have been on Weight Watchers for 5 months now and am eating properly. This makes me think that dietary control is not going to be an option. I am praying for wisdom, and, of course, for full manifestation of the health Jesus purchased for me at Calvary!

No comments: