Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've been blogging at another site for several years, but I feel like it might be time to change it up. I will post on both for a while, then choose whichever one I like better to take over :)

I wrote this introduction to Me about three years ago. It still applies, so here I am...

Who Am I?
I am Child of God, woman, wife, mother.
I am musician. I am artist.
I appreciate the silences as well as the shouts.
I love tiny kittens
and big old dogs with floppy ears.
I am voyeur in a sense...
I love to watch my children when they play
or when they concentrate on some new problem.
I love to watch my baby struggle to stand on her own,
like her bigger brothers and sisters did before her,
appreciating how different it is with each one.
When I was a child,
I never dreamed I would marry or have babies or love to cook.
I never imagined how much pleasure I would get
out of making a quilt with my own hands
and scraps of fabric,
or the joy that would shine from the face of the person
who just received that quilt for their own.
When I grew up I began to understand
that I can do anything I set my mind to.
What I become is up to me.
What I fail to do
is because I have chosen not to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really good,Tracey. {{hugs}} jeannette

Anonymous said...

I may even be inspired to blog now!
Heather