Pages

Monday, January 29, 2007

Major Victory!

Several years ago, my children managed to destroy my viola, one that I've had since my twins were young and learning to play. At least I thought it was destroyed. The bridge was not only broken, but gone; strings were busted and I thought the tailpiece was broken. The finish was damaged, and on and on... so I had, with many tears, packed it up in its case and buried it in the basement, thinking I would face it sometime when it stopped hurting my feelings so badly.

I guess that time came, because I was at a music store and found a bridge for it. It's not exactly the right size, but really close. I figured it would not hurt anything to try it. I got the bridge and a new set of strings and today I fixed my viola! It sounds so good! I don't necessarily sound so good, but after a few days I will again. I'd love to be able to add it as a highlight in our worship, both at home and at church.

One day I will get a really nice bow.

No comments: