Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow, at Last!

Much of the country has had so much snow and ice over the past few weeks, but here's it's been unbelievably warm - until now. We've finally gotten our first snowfall of the season, and it is entirely welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed watching my kids playing outside in it. The boys played pirates (don't ask me!) and Miss Lydia had the best time going down the sliding board and landing in the snow. Adorable! Even the dogs got a huge kick out of the white stuff. I built a fire in the fireplace and cooked a huge pot of chicken chili soup, then I went downstairs and worked on an ongoing project. It was a lovely day! All of the kids and dogs are now sleeping quite soundly, totally worn out from the excitement and adventure.

It's Sunday, so we were in church this morning. I had the opportunity to sing in a trio during worship. We sang the song, "My Beautiful One." Our pastor was totally pumped up and gave a tremendous, albeit short, sermon. God has given him a prophetic word that 2007 is to be a year of increase in our lives. It doesn't come without warning - if we walk in disobedience we can expect the repercussions of that to increase as well... Anyway, today he went through the Scriptures that showed different ways that God has brought increase in the past, and ways He promises to do so today... Increases in strength, knowledge, wisdom, love and opportunities to love, fruits of the Spirit, prosperity, health, years... I plan on reviewing the Scripture references tomorrow, and probably several times in the near future to get the full impact. I do treasure the Word of God!

I should really get off to bed. The roads are icy, so I do not expect to go anywhere tomorrow. I hope we will be able to get lessons done in short order so the kids can enjoy what is left of the snow. Here's hoping...

No comments: